The encouraging response to my teaser post has propelled me towards thinking of an outline for how to structure this series. Here is the first draft of my proposed outline.
- What is Classical Music? Brief History.
- Differences between Hindustani & WCM
- Challenges in WCM appreciation
- Periods (and why they’re important)
- Genres/Styles (ditto)
- WCM used in Movies (for easier appreciation)
- Some key terms explained (Sonata Form, Major/Minor, Counterpoint, etc.)
- Recommended Listening for Beginners (sampling across genres/periods)
- Movies about WCM
- Documentaries about WCM
- Books on WCM
Digging Deep Into Specific Works
- Mozart 40/41
- Beethoven 5/7
- And some others
Am I missing out something you were looking for? Any suggestions? Any feedback appreciated.