I’ve always been attracted to puzzles. Not ones involving gimmicks or trickery, but those that are really ingenuous. In many cases, they are educational as well. My most favorite one was the fork spoon puzzle.
It is my favorite because the efforts that you put in solving it are more than rewarded when you see the result! The solution is nothing short of miraculous and most people don’t believe their eyes when they see it. It is a fun educational tool for children as well as adults.
Before We Begin
- If you already know about this one, feel free to share your experience via comments!
- If you are able to solve it, don’t give away the solution in the comments. Let others have fun too!
What You Need
- A Spoon (steel, not plastic)
- A Fork (preferably from the same set)
- A Match-Stick (wooden, preferably square)
- A Glass (with a straight, sharp edge, preferably wide-mouthed)
Balance the fork and spoon on the glass using the match-stick, such that neither the fork nor the spoon touch the glass or the ground. Also, the match-stick can touch the glass at only one point. Yes, you read that right.
- If you want to, you can cheat using the Internet. You’ll lose out on all the fun if you do.
- Feel free to ask questions if any, via comments.
- Feel free to invite your friends and blog-mates if you wish.
- Remember: the solution is based on a simple scientific principle, there are no tricks or gimmicks involved.
All the best, have fun! 🙂
|Share this post :|