Regarding Google page ranking, it is well-known that:
- Google gives poor rankings to new web sites
- It has higher page ranks for sites that have a lot of quality incoming links
- It monitors traffic, so that sites with higher traffic have higher page ranks
Now, consider that:
- I started my blog site on 20th April (less than 2 weeks ago)
- My blog has ZERO incoming links (as of now)
- The traffic on my blog is less than a hundred visitors per day
In this situation, I was shocked when I casually searched for “colony collapse disorder update” on Google and found my blog to be the 5th result on the 1st page! Here’s a snapshot:
Note: The “Personalized Results” refer to the restriction of results to English.
Why are these age-old truths about Google page ranking not working in this case? What else is pushing my blog posts up the ranking order? Any insights would certainly be appreciated!